News, Updates, and Project Information

Understanding the Energy Assistance Program (EAP)

Minnesota’s Cold Weather Rule (CWR) went into effect on October 1, offering renters and homeowners protection from their electric or gas service being disconnected through April 30, 2024. However, to avoid utility shutoff, eligible residents must apply for the Energy Assistance Program (EAP). Read on to learn more about the CWR and how to apply for EAP. How Utility Disconnection Works Under Minnesota’s CWR As outlined by the Minnesota Municipal Utilities Association (MMUA), the utility must provide a customer with the following prior to disconnecting service: Should you receive a proposed disconnection notice, contact Delano Municipal Utilities ASAP to request a CWR payment plan. How to Apply for the Energy Assistance Program Given the account is in their name, both renters and homeowners qualify for Energy Assistance. If you’re concerned about paying your heating bills this season, contact the Wright County Community Action (WCCA) at (320)-963-6500. They will help you get an EAP application form and answer any questions you may have regarding the application, process, and program. Helpful Resources Contact Delano Municipal Utilities for EAP and CWR Assistance At Delano Municipal Utilities (DMU), we value excellence and customer service in pursuit of our mission: To provide consistent and dependable power and water services to our customers in a sustainable and economical manner. […]

Read More